It’s almost summer here in the south and while I was laying on my lilly towel by the Inlet yesterday, I noticed how dry my skin is. I want y’all to listen and thank me later:
SUGAR CURES ALL! No matter what anyone tells you, regular sugar by itself will fix any problem. I have awful dry and dead skin 24/7, I drink tons of water and have used every darn kind of microdermobrasian scrub and moisturizer.
Here’s what you can do:
1. wet your face a little, take about 3/4 of a tbspoon, and scrub in circles for up to a minute.
2. rinse and pat dry. Use a light facial cleanser just so you don’t leave any sugar on your face. It could cause you to break out. If you are wearing make-up before you try the scrub, use only a make up remover cloth or something like that. Washing your face twice in a row can make you break out.
3. put moisturizer on. For really dry or dead skin, I recommend Philosophy’s When Hope Is Not Enough moisturizer. It’s a repairing creme and sits heavy so only use it at night!
4. I’ve heard of putting lemon juice in the scrub, but I have yet to try it because the sugar alone does enough!
5. Be careful! Use this twice a week, maximum or your skin will be really red and splotchy! GROSS!
Feel free to use this everywhere. I leave a tub on sugar in my shower and mix it in with my body wash and use that twice a week. It’s really good on feet!
If y’all have any questions, let me know. I’d love feedback!